McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School
1225 Ostrander Avenue
Riverhead, NY 11901
(June 8, 2011 - Riverhead, NY) As the 2010-2011 school year comes to an end, it marks the beginning of a new, exciting chapter in the lives of 77 seniors who graduated on June 1, 2011 from Bishop McGann-Mercy Diocesan High School in Riverhead. Their academic and athletic achievements were recognized by colleges and universities across the country and community organizations through offers of over $9.1 million in scholarship funds. The following ten students proudly represent their fellow graduates.
Top Row (from left)
• Amanda Termine – Valedictorian; offered more than $507,000 in scholarships. She will attend SUNY Stony Brook.
• Hope Andrejack – Attending Academy of the Dramatic Arts; offered $293,000 in scholarships.
• Ryan Heimroth – Attending Stone Hill University; offered more than $440,000 in scholarships.
• Kayleigh Macchirole – Attending Wagner College; recently signed letter of intent to run NCAA Division 1 track. She will receive $88,000 in athletic and academic scholarships.
• Michael Stever – Attending Lehigh University; also accepted to Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute and Virginia Polytechnic and received $278,000 in scholarship offers.
• Laura Lynne Duffy – Attending St. Joseph’s College in Brooklyn on a full scholarship.
Bottom Row (from left)
- • Renee Girard – Attending Cornell University; receiving over $126,000 in Academic and Division 1 Athletic (rowing) scholarships.
• Rocco Pascale – Salutatorian; offered $286,000 in scholarships. He will attend Manhattan College.
• Keara Galvin – Attending Fordham University; offered more than $549,000 in scholarships.
• Lauren Woodhull – Attending Villanova – Division 1 Rowing; also accepted to Fordham and Sacred Heart Universities.