Our Mission Statement
In order to ensure the participation of Catholics of African Ancestry in every facet of diocesan life, the
purpose of the ministry shall be to:
- Serve the spiritual, cultural, educational, and social needs of Catholics of African Ancestry in the diocese;
- Encourage further insight and understanding by the church of these needs;
- Foster vocations to the priesthood, religious life and deaconate;
- Stimulate the development and training of lay leaders, especially youth and young adults, of African ancestry to assume leadership roles at the parish and diocesan levels.
- Promote spiritual and liturgical rites that are synonymous with and culturally akin to people of African ancestry; and
- Work to identify and eliminate the seeds of racism that seriously affect relationships between Catholics of African ancestry and those who are not.