St. Joseph, RCC Church in Babylon is looking for an energetic, part-time sacristan to assist the parish on Saturdays 9:30am to 6:30pm
• Set up and clean up after weddings to include sweeping up any dirt/flower, replace with “debris” from main isle.
• Remove any leftover programs from pews.
• Set up and clean up after funerals
• Serve as adult altar server at funerals
• Make sure heat/air is on in worship spaces
• Turn on light and sound systems
• Check all lectionaries, Sacramentaries, and Book of the Gospel to be sure they are set to the proper Sunday
• Check altar candle and Sanctuary candles, replace if necessary, tracking inventory
• Place bulletins at the entrances
• Check tabernacle to determine how many consecrated hosts are present
• Light candles, set up credence table
• After mass, secure all vessels and clean up church.
• In-between Church services and Masses, general light cleaning
• Make sure all entrances to Church are clear of snow, applying ice-melt when necessary
• Is able to lift and move 25 lbs.
• Flexible schedule to assist in special Church events, and during busiest liturgical seasons (Easter and Christmas)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Previous experience working in a parish environment is preferred. Must have good interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and able to engage and collaborate with staff members, parishioners, and clergy.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
St. Joseph Parish
39 N. Carll Avenue, Babylon 11702