Summary of Position:
Notre Dame, RCC located in New Hyde Park, is seeking a Full Time Office Assistant to provide necessary administrative support to the Faith Formation Director. Responsibilities vary and required initiative, sound judgment, and excellent organization skills. This is a full time position is a total of 35 hours a week. This individual will report to the Faith Formation Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Ability to answer phones and door.
* Assist with the Faith Formation registration processing
* Record tuition and other fees received in the parish database
* Input of students and catechists into Parish Data System. Update student records, adds/deletes/changes information as needed, on a regular basis.
* Maintain attendance records for Religious Education Classes, updates Parish Data System
* Process Catechist special requests for materials and copies
* Create and maintain sacramental spreadsheets for First Communion and Confirmation students
* Maintain sacramental record keeping systems for baptisms, as well as those who receive First Eucharist, First Reconciliation, and Confirmation. Print Certificates, necessary documents, and all correspondence for the sacraments.
* Help set up initial supplies needed for classrooms as well as Catechists supplies
* Maintain accurate record keeping for Faith Formation events
* Assist with filing and mailings as needed
* Oversee and maintain program materials and supplies. Order sacramental textbooks, program textbooks, materials, and supplies.
* Facilitate correspondences to parents related to financial billing, meeting schedule reminders for classes not in session, or sacramental meetings and other announcements as needed. Manage (alert system) to alert parents to class cancellation, and to remind them of upcoming special session dates.
* Assist director with First Holy Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation rehearsals, prayer services, Masses and parent meetings.
* Help maintain the safety of the children when they arrive for and are dismissed from classes.
It is important that the candidate have excellent telephone and strong interpersonal skills, and be able to multitask in a busy environment, accuracy and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must have strong computer skills which include Microsoft Office, experience with database programs, or willing to learn PDS and fast data entry skills. Hospitable yet businesslike with staff, parishioners, visitors. Maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times.
If you are interested please fax your resume with a cover letter to Sister Mary Jane Coleman at 516-354-5373