The level 2 training will be held on two consecutive
Saturdays, May 14th and 21st, 2016, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
at St. Frances de Chantal Parish in Wantagh.
The cost is $50 per person. This course will build on the Level 1 Bereavement Facilitator Training and will cover topics such as forming a group, the group process, helping children and adolescents deal with grief, specific grief issues, mentoring, follow-up and resources.
download flyer here for details
Also, we are happy to announce that, along with Diocese of Rockville Centre Catholic Cemeteries, the Office of Faith Formation will be hosting a Bereavement Conference on Saturday, April 23rd, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Kellenberg Memorial High School.
We are honored to have as our keynote speaker, Msgr. J. Brian Bransfield, who is the General Secretary of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the author of the new highly-acclaimed book, Life Everlasting, the Mystery and the Promise. Monsignor's words at the conference will certainly be of great help to the bereaved and those who minister to them. The conference will also feature a wonderful selection of workshops that will be of great help to all. Cost will be $35 per person.
download flyer here for details
Special Needs Masses 2015-2016
St. Patrick, Bay Shore: Every Second Saturday in the Monsignor Coffey Center.
Call 631-665-4911 for information about this and future special needs Masses.
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs, Centerport: Once a month from September through June. Call Parish Social Ministry at 631-754-9045 for information.
- St. John of God, Central Islip: First Sunday of the month at 4 pm in the chapel. Call Fr. Chris or Carmen at 631-234-6535 for information.
- St. Raphael, East Meadow: First Sunday of the month at 2pm in the Church. Call 516-785-0236
- Our Lady of Victory, Floral Park: Fourth Saturday of the month at 6:30 pm, beginning September 26th. Call Christine for information.
- St. Catherine of Sienna, Franklin Square: Third Saturday at 3 pm in the St. Catherine, Sienna Center. Call (516) 352-0146 to confirm that morning.
- St. Anne, Garden City: One Saturday a month at 5pm. Cal Linda at 516-352-5904 for information.
- St. Rosalie, Hampton Bays: Third Saturday at 3pm. Call 631-728-9461 for information.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Lindenhurst: First Saturday of the month at 4pm in the Auditorium. Call 631-226-7725 Ext. 200 for information.
- St. Rose of Lima, Massapequa: Second Saturday of the month at 4pm in the Church. Call 516-798-4992 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- St. Agnes, Rockville Centre: Sept. 26, Oct. 24, Nov. 21, Dec. 19, Jan. 23, Feb. 27, March 19, April 23 at 5pm in the Msgr. Melton Hall, Lower level. Call 516-766-0205 email@example.com for information.
- Maria Regina, Seaford: Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20 at 3 pm in the Chapel. Please call (516) 798-2415 for information
- St. James, Setauket: Second Saturday of the month at 2pm. Call 631-941-4141 for information.
- Blessed Sacrament, Valley Stream: Second and Fourth Sunday of the month at 11am. ASL offered at Masses. Call 516-568-1027 for details.
Office of Faith Formation Diocese of Rockville Centre
PO Box 9023 Rockville Centre, NY 11571-9023
2016 Liturgical Ministry Training
NEW [Download Flyer for Additional Information]
>>> Youth Ministry Events