FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA CREDENTIALS NECESSARY FOR ORDINATION OF BISHOP-ELECT RICHARD HENNING
Monday, July 23, 2018
Church of Our Lady of Loretto
104 Greenwich Street
Hempstead, New York 11550
Parking for Media available in lot behind church
Mass of Episcopal Ordination
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Saint Agnes Cathedral
29 Quealy Place
Rockville Centre, New York 11571
Parking for Media available on one side of Clinton Avenue
ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NEW YORK – July 16, 2018 – Members of the media are invited to attend Evening Prayer in Vigil of the Episcopal Ordination of Bishop-elect Richard Garth Henning and the Celebration of the Eucharist for the Episcopal Ordination of Bishop-elect Henning as auxiliary bishop of the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
Evening Prayer: July 23rd at 7:00 p.m. in Our Lady of Loretto Church, Hempstead
Episcopal Ordination: July 24, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. in St. Agnes Cathedral
There is limited space in Our Lady of Loretto church and St. Agnes Cathedral for video cameras and still photographers.
Press credentials issued by this office will be required for admission of all reporters and photographers into Our Lady of Loretto church and St. Agnes Cathedral. Seating is limited. To ensure admittance, please make your request as early as possible. Due to security procedures, press credentials are non transferrable.
DEADLINE FOR REQUESTING PRESS CREDENTIALS IS FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2018 AT 3:00 p.m.
Contact the Office of Communications at 516-678-5800, ext. 221 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to arrange for press credentials.
For live broadcast access details of the Ordination Mass, interested media outlets should submit their request via email to Telecare Television at email@example.com.
PROPER ETIQUETTE AND CONDUCT IN THE CATHEDRAL
Just a few pointers about the best way to navigate the Cathedral and still be respectful of the services that are being conducted.
- In trying to balance the solemnity of the service with the needs of the press, we ask that you follow instructions of the representatives of the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
- Photography is permitted inside the Cathedral during the service, though we ask that photographers do not stand in the space between the sanctuary and the congregation, and that they honor the privacy of individuals receiving the sacrament of Communion. Also, please do NOT take photographs from the center aisle or block it in any way.
- Please refrain from broadcasting from the lobby of the church during services because it can disturb the people in the Cathedral.
- There are times when the choir loft will be closed to the press because of the musical needs of the service and the choir.
- If the choir loft is open, please be aware that the Telecare camera there is broadcasting live. Please avoid that area and any movements that would impede their line of sight or shake the camera.
- At all times we ask that you be mindful that the Cathedral is a House of Worship and ask that you always act in a respectful manner.
Sean P. Dolan
Director of Communications
(p) 516-678-5800, ext. 625