The Diocesan Archives serves the following functions:
- To acquire, appraise, organize, describe, preserve, and provide access to records of historical, sacramental, legal, fiscal, and / or administrative value created by the departments and parishes of the Diocese of Rockville Centre in accordance with Canons 486 and 491.
- To provide and maintain secure and organized facilities for the retention and preservation of these records in accordance with Canon 486.
- To coordinate and maintain a records management program throughout the Pastoral Center and diocesan departments.
- To provide guidance on archival issues to diocesan departments, parishes, institutions, and religious orders.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the history of the Diocese, its mission, parishes, services, programs, institutions, and religious by providing access to researchers, and through outreach activities.
|Krista H. Ammirati||Archivistemail@example.com||631-423-0483 Ext. 109|