St. Christopher RCC in Baldwin is seeking a Director of Faith Formation. This position is full-time, 40-hours per week, including occasional weekends, evenings, and special occasions as needed; and will report directly to the Pastor.
- Plan, develop and organize the Faith Formation Program for the grades Pre-K to 8th
- Coordinate, recruit, and facilitate training and evaluation for volunteers in the program
- Research and select appropriate materials and media for programs and processes
- Communicate with parishioners, parish staff, the diocese and keep abreast of the current national trends and issues within faith formation and catechesis in general
- Direct and oversee various faith formation programs that support a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith for all parishioners consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), National Directory for Catechesis (NDC), diocesan guidelines, and parish needs
- Promote programs and provide material for the parish bulletin and website, with weekly updates
- Prepare annual budget for review by the Finance team and oversees expenditures
- Take lead in preparing for Sacramental celebrations
- Attend Regional meetings convened by the Diocesan Office of Catechetical Ministry
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Practicing Catholic with in-depth knowledge and training in theology and liturgy in the Roman Catholic tradition
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must initiate, be creative, and anticipate solutions to problems
- Ability to maintain accurate fiscal records, and budgetary and statistical data.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Theology, Religious Ed, or Religious Studies.
- Five years of formation experience in a parish or diocesan position. Related degrees and comparable experience will be considered.
Please send a cover letter and resume, in word format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School is seeking qualified candidates for the 2022-2023 school year for:
Must have a minimum of a BA Degree and be NYS Certified
Qualified candidates should send a Letter of Interest and Resume:
Mr. Biagio M. Arpino
St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
Or Email to: email@example.com
St. Brigid Church in Westbury is seeking to hire a Director of Operations. In close collaboration with the Pastor, the Director of Operations serves the community by managing and overseeing the areas of finance, communications, personnel, and administration by utilizing the parish’s resources in the most efficient and mission-driven manner possible.
The Director of Operations is a full-time position in the parish. He/she works in collaboration with all members of the parish staff and supports and encourages such collaboration. He/she works with and reports directly to the Pastor. While this is presently a full-time position, those seeking part-time employment are encouraged to apply as this position may be divided.
- Oversees all financial aspects of parish life and ministry.
- Coordinator of Human Resources for Parish.
- Coordinator of Information Technology and social media.
- Co-coordinator of all capital maintenance and construction projects in conjunction/coordination with the Facilities Manager/Risk Management Office.
- Assists Pastor with the pastoral leadership of the parish.
- Background in accounting, budgeting and finance, money management and analysis, and payroll required.
- Business and management skills to oversee lease agreements, maintenance of buildings and grounds, and supervision of maintenance and secretarial staff are also required.
- Experience with operational procedures and controls.
- Basic technology skills for troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Ability to use or learn Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks and parish data systems.
- Familiarity with employment law.
For a more detailed job description or to apply for this position, please send an email to Fr. John Sureau, Pastor – firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Brigid Roman Catholic Church in Westbury is seeking a Director of Parish Social Ministry. This position is full-time, may include nights and weekends as needed, and reports to the Pastor. This position is responsible for visioning, directing, and managing all aspects of the parish’s outreach services. Functions as the primary organizer and motivator in providing services, arranging ministries, coordinating parishioners, and collaboratively discerning new and necessary ways for the parish to more effectively minister to those in need.
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic who participates in the liturgical and spiritual life of their own parish or St. Brigid’s.
- Upholds, understands, and embodies the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, particularly in the area of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Degree in Social Work and/or Theology/Pastoral Ministry and/or related fields preferred.
- Three years’ experience working directly with a church agency, a nonprofit social services agency or overseeing such work. Working with large groups of volunteers in a supervisory role.
- Speaks English and Spanish or is willing to enter some type of language formation program.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understands issues relevant to social ministry in terms of human resources, legal issues and risk management.
- Is highly organized and can multitask effectively.
Areas of Responsibility
- Evaluates and adapt available parish resources to most effectively serve those in need and on the margins.
- Supervises, manages, and directs all members of the outreach staff.
- Creates and develops new ministries to engage parishioners at St. Brigid’s to address needs present in the community.
- Arranges for the formation of parishioners in the areas of Catholic Social Teaching, including but not limited to social justice awareness, adult faith formation offerings, etc.
- Organizes, manages, and administers the Parish Social Ministry/Office.
- Serves on the boards or committees of relevant community organizations and as the representative to Catholic Charities Deanery Meetings.
- Engages the parish in local and appropriate community organizations.
- Serves as a resource and liaison and actively collaborates with other departments of the parish, including: St. Brigid’s/Our Lady of Hope Regional Catholic School, Faith Formation, Youth Ministry and Prayer and Worship.
- Arranges for appropriate advertising (bulletin, social media, etc.) for all ministry activities as well as provides consistent and timely communication with the Pastoral Team and other parish leadership groups.
- As a member of the Pastoral Team, participates in all Pastoral Team meetings and Pastoral Team related events.
- Meets weekly or bi-weekly with the Pastor.
- Serves as official Parish Social Ministry liaison between the parish and the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
St. Brigid R.C. Church
Attention: Reverend John Sureau, Ph.D., LCSW
85 Post Ave
Westbury, NY 11590
The Parish of St. William the Abbot (Seaford, NY) is seeking a Director of Music Ministry. This is a full-time parish position of approximately 40-hours per week, including weekend masses, and must be flexible with work schedule, especially for Holy Days and special events. The Director of Music Minsitry should be a committed Roman Catholic familiar with all aspects and all types of liturgical celebrations and music.
- Direct the parish’s music program by selecting and planning appropriate music for all parish
- sacramental celebrations including weekly Masses, holidays, major celebrations, funerals, weddings, and special events
- Work closely with the Pastor and members of the parish’s leadership team to coordinate appropriate music for all sacramental celebrations and events
- Be visibly present at parish events
- Select and develop participation aids for congregation and ensure appropriate copyright permissions
- Provide technical audio support, including overseeing the maintenance of parish’s audio system, and maintain parish’s musical equipment and instruments
- Prepare and manage department budget
- Invite, motivate, develop, schedule and train all parish choirs and musicians
- Contract additional musicians as needed
- Assist in live-streaming events as required
- Participate in ongoing courses and workshops related to changes in liturgy
- Strong knowledge and deep love of the Catholic faith, worship, and liturgy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or the equivalent in education and experience
- Prior experience directing a faith-based choir in a Catholic parish
- Must have eclectic and versatile knowledge of musical styles including standard modern Catholic music, traditional hymns, and praise and worship music
- Ability to read sheet music and sing while playing an instrument
- Proficiency in organ, piano, and keyboard preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills with experience working with adults, young adults, and children
Please send your resume, cover letter, and link to any musical samples to:
Kate Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org
The Church of Most Holy Trinity in East Hampton is seeking a full-time Parish Assistant; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. This position involves managing the day-to-day needs of the parish office while also coordinating the day-to-day operations of the cemetery. Applicant must possess a solid knowledge of the Catholic Faith, especially sacraments, traditions, and customs. Individual will report to the Pastor.
- Assist the pastor with clerical and administrative needs as directed
- Administer parish cemetery inquiries including coordinating with funeral homes, sale of grave plots, and ensuring the maintenance of the cemetery grounds
- Answer the parish phone, greet parishioners, and attend to their needs
- Maintain parish database and sacrament registers
- Provide administrative support for the pastor including all correspondence
- Maintain all sacramental records at the parish
- Maintain parish master calendar, census data, Mass cards
- Coordinate key parish ministries, such as baptisms, weddings, and funerals
- Oversees weekly collections
- Provide support for parish events
- Prepare weekly bulletin
- Associate degree
- Active Catholic in good standing
- Excellent administrative, collaborative, organizational, and clerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and databases; social and digital media
Please email your cover letter and resume, in word format, and indicate in the subject “Full Time Parish Assistant” to: email@example.com
The Parish of St. William the Abbot (Seaford, NY) is seeking a Director of Faith Formation. This is a full-time parish position, 40-hours per week, including occasional weekends, evenings, and special occasions as needed. The Director of Faith Formation should be a committed Roman Catholic who will work to create an environment that fosters discipleship, commitment to the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church, and the development of a community of faith within the families of the parish.
- Foster within the parish a culture of discipleship and evangelization
- Oversee children’s religious education, RCIA, and faith enrichment opportunities for adults, young adults, and teens
- Collaborate with St. William the Abbot School administration to assist in heightening the daily prayer life and Catholic identity for the school community while providing additional faith formation opportunities for parents
- Assist in planning liturgies, retreats, prayer services, and sacramental celebrations for school and religious education programs
- Collaborate with staff to create additional opportunities for community (i.e., Vacation Bible School, speakers, seasonal parish missions, Holy Hours, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate seminars, retreats, and other faith enrichment events for teachers and catechists
- Work with religious education leaders to develop curriculum for 1-8 students
- Working with school and religious education administration, create a training program for those entrusted with teaching the children of the parish
- Motivate, train, and organize parish volunteers
- Deep love and knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- A willingness to adapt to the needs of the community
- Prior experience in managing and leading staff and volunteer committees while working collaboratively with other department members and parish leaders
- Prior experience in Catholic faith formation
Please send resume and cover letter to: Kate Walsh
Holy Name of Mary, RC Church located in Valley Steam is seeking a Full Time (part-time optional) Director of Music. Our family is multi-cultural and growing. The ideal candidate should be an individual who is excited about developing an overall music program that reflects the “Orandi” and “Credendi” of the liturgy. The person should have an understanding of “Sacred Music” and a desire to help a parish incorporate and implement “Sacred Music” into its ordinary worship. The individual will report directly to the pastor.
- Lead and facilitate choirs (Accompanied by Piano or Organ)
- Lead and facilitate music for funerals, weddings, and other liturgical events (Holy Hours)
- Strategically plan a movement to incorporate Sacred Music into the overall worship of the parish.
- Develop a “Lessons and Carols” that incorporates all the different parts of our parish family (Spanish, Filipino, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the pastor.
- Position Requirements Instrumental skills for the Organ a plus, and knowledge of the Roman Catholic Liturgy.
- Ability to lead, facilitate and direct an adult choir and develop a children’s choir.
- Ability to recruit, inspire and lead.
Send Cover Letter, Resume to:
Fr. David Regan, Pastor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Dominic Roman Catholic Church located in Oyster Bay is seeking a Full-Time Bookkeeper. This position is 35 Hours per Week: Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The individual is expected to provide accounts payable processing and make general ledger entries as well as assist in the management of the payroll. This individual will report to the Business Manager.
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiar with the Razors Edge and Sage software
- In addition, the individual should have a desire to help advance the mission of the Roman Catholic Church.
Please email your resume to Msgr. Thomas Coogan, pastor of Saint Dominic, at email@example.com
by mail: Msgr. Thomas Coogan, Saint Dominic, 93 Anstice Street, Oyster Bay, NY 11771.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Diocese of Rockville Centre is currently seeking a Pension Benefits Assistant to work in the pension office Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. The Pension Benefits Assistant will be highly organized, and a detail-oriented professional. Strong Customer Service experience and MS Office skills are required, as well as the ability to balance multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Process pension calculations in an accurate and timely fashion while providing efficient and open communications to plan participants.
- Helps maintain and control all data in the pension database, keeping the files and data current and accurate.
- Presents problem files to managers attention.
- Ensure confidentiality of all materials handled.
- Provide efficient and open communications to plan participants via phone and e-mail.
- Assist in building a HR customer service culture known as efficient, professional, and responsive.
- Education, Training and/or Experience
- College Degree preferred
- Strong Computer Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
Please email your cover letter and resume in word format as an email attachment. Please note Pension Benefits Assistant in subject of e-mail to our Human Resources Department:
Diocese of Rockville Centre, P O Box 9023, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
St. James Church in Seaford is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant for the parish Faith Formation Department. This position is Monday through Thursday from 9 am – 3 pm and reports to the Director of Faith Formation.
- Manage daily operations including but not limited to phone, clerical, correspondence, mail, and record keeping.
- Greet visitors.
- Assist the Director as needed,
- Prepare folders for classes, run off sheets for teachers, send out invoices, answer emails, etc.
- High School Diploma, some college helpful.
- Excellent computer skills, including publishing, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook,
- Ability to learn new Parish Software.
- Ability to learn how to navigate Google Classroom.
- Friendly, Courteous, Reliable, and able to multitask.
To apply, contact:
Mrs. Lucy Creed, Director of Faith Formation
St. Louis de Montfort, RCC in Sound Beach is seeking to fill a part-time maintenance position. This position is Monday through Thursday and reports to the Business Manager and Pastor.
- Clean Bathrooms, restock all supplies, clean and disinfect all surfaces including sinks and toilets.
- Vacuum all carpeting, sweep and mop vestibule, stairways and bathrooms, hallways, and classrooms.
- Empty all trash containers and discard any empty boxes.
- Report any broken equipment, pews, kneelers, and inoperable equipment to the Business Manager.
- Perform light repairs and replace burned-out bulbs.
- Set up chairs and tables for events as requested.
- Perform any other work requested by the Business Manager, Pastor, or Associate Pastor
Interested candidates should send an e-mail or fax with a résumé, to
Andrew White, Business Manager
or fax 631.744.8611.
St. Christopher RCC in Baldwin is seeking a Part-Time Outreach Coordinator. This position is 20 hours per week, Tuesday 10 am- 4 pm, Thursday 10 am- 4 pm; with Monday, Wednesday or Friday flexible. Additional hours may be required during Outreach Ministry’s seasonal periods including before Thanksgiving and before Christmas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify the need for social services within the parish community
- Supervise, support, and recruit volunteers for various parish social ministries, such as food pantry, bereavement support, senior outreach
- Maintains contact with Office of Parish Social Ministry, Catholic Charities, St. Vincent DePaul, and peers in local churches and social services agencies
- Client intake, case management, advocacy, referrals to other agencies and programs
- Perform projects, coordinate events and complete administrative functions for all parish outreach activities
- Provide backup support for the front desk as needed (phone calls, greeting visitors, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop personal and community connections
- Must possess very good computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Extreme confidentiality, strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in program development, recruitment/leading of volunteers, and program evaluation
Please send a cover letter and resume, in word format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Outreach Coordinator in the email subject line.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Lindenhurst is seeking a Part Time Receptionist. This position is Monday and Tuesday Evenings, 4:00pm to 9:00pm, and Saturdays 9:00am to 2:00pm. This is a position where flexibility is needed to fill in when necessary. There will be an intensive training period, which means there needs to be flexible availability during this time.
- Answering the telephone, either taking messages or forwarding the call.
- Working with the Parishioners as they come in daily.
- Preparing Mass Cards, Signing up for Baptism and wedding.
- Computer skills may be basic, and easy may be able to understand some computers in our software
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, answering phone calls, and greeting parishioners.
- Must have an upbeat personality and enjoy working with the public.
Resumes may be sent to Jill Marie Delano email@example.com
The Parish of St. Raphael in East Meadow is looking for a part time Faith Formation Assistant to assist in the daily operation of its Faith Formation Department. This position is 15 hours a week during the weeks that Religious Education classes are in session. The candidate would need to work late afternoons and evenings.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation of the Catholic Faith.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with children.
- Good communication skills on the telephone and speaking in person with parents and volunteers is a must.
- Some clerical skills such as filing, and photo copying is required.
Interested candidate should send resume to Ms. Ellen Fox, Director of Faith Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Copaigue is seeking a part-time bookkeeper.
This position would entail approximately 20-25 hours per week.
- Process payroll
- Paying of Bills
- Maintaining Checkbooks and Accounts
- Reconciling Accounts
- Knowledge of Quick Books, Excel, PDS for Payroll, Parish Soft is required but we will train.
To apply, please contact Deacon Phil Mills: email@example.com or 631 667- 4044, ext. 110.
St. Kilian Church in Farmingdale is seeking a part-time administrative assistant for a busy Parish Social Ministry/Outreach program. This position is Monday-Friday 8:30 am-1:30 pm.
- Ensure efficient day-to-day office operations.
- Assist director and volunteers through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Proficiency with computers (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access).
- The ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures and backgrounds is necessary.
- Must always maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady of Fatima RCC located in Manorhaven, Port Washington is seeking an energetic, versatile creative and faith-filled practicing Catholic to facilitate the Faith Formation Program at the elementary and junior-high level. This Part-Time position is 26 hours per week flexible schedule with occasional weekend work and additional seasonal hours.
This position will be reporting to the Pastor.
The Religious Education director will be:
- Responsible for inviting young people of the parish to engage in their faith.
- Organizing, and overseeing the religious education program for 1st Grade through 9th Grade.
- Responsible for Performance & Review of administrative assistant
- Develop the faith formation calendar
- Recruiting, forming, and supervising catechists and other volunteers in the program
- Assists with preparing the annual Religious Education budget and oversees monthly expenditures remaining within budget guidelines
- Overseeing sacramental formation of both children and parents
- Planning sacramental rites with the pastor and priests
- Partnering with the staff members and the local community to promote service opportunities for Confirmation candidates
- Promoting quarterly youth events at the parish: social, spiritual, service-orientated, fun events and promote active youth worship including inclusive and participative liturgy and prayer
- The person will also spearhead our “Child Protection” program
- This person will be a leader in our community and help organize and facilitate other events and ministries as the need arises
- College Degree; Master’s degree in Theology/ Religious Studies preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
- The right candidate will be a practicing Catholic and have a passion for guiding the religious formation of young people and their families.
- The applicant must also have proven interpersonal and communication skills, be a self-starter, and possess strong skills in organization, administration, and computer and internet use.
- Being a collaborator is also key to the position as the individual is expected to work with the parish staff, boards, different parish groups, volunteers, parents, and students.
Candidates meeting the necessary qualifications please apply by emailing
a cover letter and resume to:
Deacon Arthur A. Candido
Our Lady of Fatima RCC
6 Cottonwood Road
Port Washington, NY 11050
Holy Name of Jesus Church in Woodbury is seeking a part-time Maintenance Worker. This position is 20 hours per week and reports to the Pastor.
- Ensure the church and parish rectory buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform scheduled weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual janitorial duties including dusting, sweeping floors, mopping, disinfecting the pews in the church, and submitting a weekly log sheet for records purposes and compliance.
- Assist in opening and locking buildings, provide set-up and cleaning of facilities for all activities and events as needed.
- Able to maintain and/or repair various items on the property as needed.
- Maintain inventory supplies and food pantry.
- Salt the sidewalks, stairs, and pathways during snow days for all masses and scheduled services.
- Any other parish duties deemed necessary by the Pastor or his delegates.
- Carpentry experience is a plus.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
The Church of St. Patrick, Bay Shore, is seeking a part-time sacristan to work 10-12 hours per week. The sacristan would need to be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings, with occasional additional hours on weekends or other days. Flexibility in scheduling is important.
- Open and close the church
- Setting up for daily Masses, funerals, and weddings.
Interested parties should send their resume to Chris Ferraro, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish of St James in Seaford is seeking a part-time maintenance worker. The hours are on the weekends and flexible. This position will report to the Parish Facility Manager.
- Sweeping and mopping floors as well as vacuuming various carpets located in the church
- Washing and sanitizing church bathrooms between Masses and/or services
- Performing minor maintenance repairs as needed or reporting larger repairs needed to the Facility Manager
- Emptying and transporting trash from church and rectory bins to on-site dumpster
- Transporting canned goods and food containers from the church closets to the Parish Outreach Pantry
- Cleaning of rectory on Saturdays when there are no Saturday morning funerals
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs.
Please send your resume to ParishOffice@stjamesrcchurch.org
or call our Facility Manager at (516) 731-3710
St Joseph Parish in Ronkonkoma is seeking a part-time Business Manager. This position is 25 hours per week with flexibility to attend some evening or weekend meetings and reports to the Pastor.
- Oversee lease agreements
- Process Payroll
- Supervise buildings and grounds staff
- Supervise secretarial staff
- Background in accounting, budgeting, and finance required
- Ideal candidate would have knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of human resources.
Please send resume to Fr. Michael Rieder at email@example.com
A parish in Nassau County, Long Island is seeking a Part-Time, Coordinator of Music/Choir Director with additional hours for Holy Days of Obligation, and other parish liturgical celebrations; as well as on-call for weddings and funerals. Candidate will report to the Pastor.
Responsible for leading and/or accompanying the assembly for the musical component of weekend liturgies and other services; duties may involve the selection of music, supervision of volunteer musicians/cantors, and work to implement the parish’s vision of worship. Additionally, candidate will establish and direct an adult choir.
Instrumental skills for the Organ a plus, and knowledge of the Roman Catholic Liturgy.
Please email resume with cover letter, in Word format, as an email attachment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate ‘Parish Coordinator of Music/Choir Director‘ in the email subject line.
St. Brigid/Our Lady of Hope Regional School in Westbury
Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
Are you detail oriented with good time management habits?
Are you looking for a temporary, part-time position that you can do from home?
If so, St. Brigid/Our Lady of Hope Regional School needs YOU!
We are blessed to have significant interest in our school, and we are looking for a talented person to help shepherd these prospective new families through our admissions process. This person will be responsible for working with Mr. Clagnaz to manage and follow up with inquiring families. This could include, but not be limited to: email outreach, phone calls, scheduling tours, following up after tours, answering questions (or directing the family to the right person). This is a temporary part time position (5-10 hours/week) that can be done primarily from home, although there may be a need to come to the office occasionally. We will provide training and templates to help manage the process. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service to these prospective families and to help them move from inquiry to enrolled!
If you’d like to learn more about how you can help more families experience our school, reach out to Mr. Clagnaz. We would like to fill this position ASAP and continue until June 30 with the possibility of extending.
Contact Principal Paul Clagnaz by email at: email@example.com or phone: (516) 333-0580.
St. Martha RCC in Uniondale is seeking a part time Parish Assistant.
This position involves handling the day-to-day clerical needs of the parish office while also coordinating some key parish ministries, such as baptisms, weddings and funerals. Applicant must possess a solid knowledge of the Catholic Faith, especially sacraments, traditions and customs. Individual will report to the Pastor.
This position is part time, 25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday 4pm-9pm, and Saturdays 9am-2pm.
Assist the pastor and other clergy and staff with clerical and administrative needs as directed
Answer the parish phone and greet parishioners
Maintain parish database and sacrament registers
Write out mass cards and maintaining the parish calendars/mass books
Assist in preparing the weekly bulletin
Direct parishioners’ needs to the appropriate staff member for follow-up
Intake monies, forms, registrations, documents, etc. for various parish purposes and keep accurate records
Organize the parish bulk mailings and other such communications
Assist other staff members as needed
Additional tasks as needed
Associate degree preferred but not required
Active Catholic in good standing
Excellent administrative, collaborative, organizational, and clerical skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office, and databases; social and digital media
Bilingual in Spanish required
Interpersonal skills appropriate for phone calls and greeting visitors to the parish center
Microsoft Office (e.g., Word Excel and Publisher) a must
Willingness to learn other programs
Please email your cover letter and resume, in word format, and indicate in the subject “Part Time Parish Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holy Name of Mary, RCC located in Valley Stream is seeking a bilingual part-time office assistant. This part-time position is 2 days per week, Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-4pm. Position consists of managing daily operations including, but not limited to, phone, clerical, correspondence, mail and record keeping.
Answering parish office phone, directing the caller to the correct person, taking messages
Greet visitors, address questions, and assist with their requests
Read and respond to parish emails
Complete Clerical tasks as needed including filing, copying and data entry
Process incoming and outgoing mail and related tasks
Order office supplies when needed
Keep office organized
Assist in planning church events
High school Diploma, College Degree preferred
Excellent computer skills, including publishing, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook,
Demonstrate enthusiasm and possess interpersonal skills, must be friendly, courteous, hospitable, professional, gracious
Flexible, positive problem solver, strong organization skills
Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
Bilingual in Spanish
Candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter, and indicate in the subject line: Part-Time Bilingual Office Assistant; to: email@example.com