- promote and assist in spiritual development programs for Catholic Leaders
- Scouting as a viable youth ministry in parishes
- promote religious emblems and religious recognitions
- provide spiritual enrichment for Scouts through retreats, days of recollection and pilgrimages
- coordinate Diocesan Scouting events and activities
- make national Catholic Scouting services and materials available in the diocese and act as a liaison
- maintain up-dated documents and statistics and help stimulate the fulfillment of responsibilities of Catholic lay people in Boy Scouting and Girl Scouting programs.
Diocese of Rockville Centre Contacts
|Diocesan Lay Chairperson||Diocesan Scouting||Diocesan Lay Chairperson|
|Boy Scout||Chaplain||Girl Scout|
|David J. Miller, JR||Father Frank Zero||Joan Monastero|
A Special Message from our Chaplain Father Frank Zero, Diocesan Scouting Chaplain, has asked that Catholic Scouts, leaders and parents be reminded that attendance at Sunday Mass is a vital part of their faith life. Plans should be made to attend Sunday Mass during or after any camping trip or scouting activity. Participation in a scouting activity does NOT excuse a Scout, parent or leader from this obligation.
Books for these Awards are available for purchase at the Catholic Scouting Office.