Protection of Children & Young People
- Background Screening Update (11/23/20)
- How the Diocese of Rockville Centre Has Been Addressing Child Protection and the Clergy Abuse Scandal English | Spanish
- Virtus & Safe Environment Compliance
- United in Prayer Together – English & Spanish
- Prayer for Healing Booklet (2022)
- Efforts to Protect Children and Young People
The Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all clergy, employees, and volunteers to participate in the Safe Environment Guidelines as established by the Charter for the Protection of Children/Young People (2002) and outlined in the Diocesan Child Protection Policy.
Requirements are as follows:
- Attend a Virtus: Protecting God’s Children class
- Undergo background screening.
- Sign the Diocesan Code of Conduct.
Instructions to Complete the Safe Environment Requirements:
- Log into the Virtus website: www.Virtus.org
- Begin the registration process by creating a Virtus account. The first screen requests the
location: Please select Rockville Centre from the drop-down list.
- Follow directions on each page.
- During the registration process you will receive a copy of the Code of Conduct and Pastoral Code of Conduct. Please sign each Code electronically.
- Select the class you wish to attend.
- Complete the background screening application provided. Background screening is
conducted by Sterling Volunteers.
When you complete the registration process, you will have a Virtus account and an account with Sterling Volunteers. Your Virtus account will contain the date you signed the Codes of Conduct; date you submitted the background screening application and date you will attend Virtus. Please keep your username and the password for both your Virtus account and Sterling account as these are required to access each account.
Please contact the Office for the Protection of Children/Young People if you have questions or require assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org
516-678-5800 Ext. 573
PO Box 9023
- 2022 Letter from Bishop Barres
- How to Report Suspected Abuse
- How to Report Suspected Abuse (Español)
- Policies and Procedures
- Reports to People of God
How the Diocese of Rockville Centre Has Been Addressing Child Protection and the Clergy Abuse Scandal