Saint Joseph, RCC located in Garden City is seeking an energetic, versatile creative and faith-filled practicing Catholic to facilitate the Faith Formation Program at the elementary and junior-high level. This Full-Time position is 35 hours per week, and manages Religious Education office staff.
The Director of Religious Education will report directly to the Pastor.
Duties & responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organize and oversee the religious education program for 1st Grade through 8th Grade.
- Responsible for inviting young people of the parish to engage in their faith
- Facilitate sacramental preparation for First Eucharist, First Reconciliation, and Confirmation.
- Develop the faith formation calendar.
- Recruit, form and supervise catechists and other volunteers in the programs.
- Assist with preparing the annual Religious Education budget and oversee monthly expenditures remaining within budget guidelines.
- Plan sacramental rites with the pastor and priests.
- Organize and conducts Catechetical training and parent meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Parish Catholic School and is a resource person to Pastoral Staff.
- A Master’s degree in Theology/ Religious Studies. (Preferred)
- The right candidate will be a practicing Catholic and have a passion for guiding the religious formation of young people and their families.
- The applicant must also have proven interpersonal and communication skills, be a self-starter, and possess strong skills in organization, dministration, and computer and internet use.
Send Resume with salary requirements to:
Msgr. James Swiader
St. Joseph, RCC
130 Fifth Street
Garden City, NY 11530